Remote Mid DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be tasked with provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments, and implementing CI/CD pipelines.
We develop an application for pet owners and vet professionals. Each pet owner user can make a call, and the app finds nearby vets and enable a connection between them. It contains native mobile apps (iOS/Android) and the back-end, which is written in JAVA Spring Boot and uses AWS infrastructure.
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and secure AWS environments using best practices.
- Provision and manage infrastructure resources on AWS, including networking, security, storage, databases, and compute instances.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for automated deployment and testing of applications.
- Deploy and orchestrate applications using containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, or ECS, and ensure their efficient management.
- Monitor and troubleshoot AWS environments, including performance tuning, log analysis, and resource optimization.
- Implement and enforce security measures and best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and address infrastructure and deployment-related issues.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and advancements in DevOps practices, AWS services, and related technologies.
- Good understanding of Docker and containerization
- Experience with Kubernetes or ECS
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience with writing scripts (bash or python knowledge)
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) concepts, phases, and models
- Experience in integrating automated testing into CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of Github workflows, GitLab CI, Jenkins, or Travis CI
- Knowledge of AWS Management Console and CLI
- Understanding of the core AWS services, including:
- Network: VPC, API Gateway, Route 53
- Security: IAM
- Storage and file systems: S3, EBS, EFS, FSx
- Management, Monitoring, and Governance: CloudWatch, EventBridge, Auto Scaling, Secrets Manager
- Database: RDS; DynamoDB would be a benefit
- Containers: ECS, Fargate; EKS would be a benefit
- Compute and Serverless: Lambda and EC2
- Application Integration: SQS, SNS; MQ would be a benefit
- Understanding the IaC concept, and knowing at least one IaC tool, preferably Terraform.
- AWS certification would be a benefit
Please note that the interview process is divided into four parts:
- Technical phone screening~30 minutes
- Technical interview~2 hours
- Non-technical call with hiring manager~45 minutes
- Optional: call with client for which you will be working
- Necessary equipment to work
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work possibility
- Interesting, challenging and exciting work with international teams
- English lessons with native speaker
- Training Budget
- Multisport card
- Lunches from Kraków's restaurants that are delivered both to the office and homes( or a refund of the budget allocated for it)
- Kitchen full of food, drinks, fruit, and snacks
- Private medical insurance
- No dress code
- The chillout area incudes comfortable bean bags, therapy balls, PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch + games stretching area and pull-up bar
- Team events
- Indoor parking place for bicycles
Are you the person we are looking for?
Apply through the Application Form below or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following statement in your application: "I agree to the processing of my personal data for recruitment in accordance with art. 6 par. 1 lit. a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016. on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation)".